Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) Entrance Exam 2024-25
The RIMC exam pattern is descriptive in nature, covering three main subjects: English (125 marks), Mathematics (200 marks), and General Knowledge (75 marks).
Our RIMC coaching program for the three core subjects starts every month. The English descriptive paper encompasses writing, reading, and grammar sections. Our coaching module aligns with the latest syllabus and current scenarios. Specialized mentors teach each English section – reading, writing, and grammar. Our study program includes solving R.D. Sharma up to class 9 for mathematics. New batches for RIMC commence every 6 months.
What you will learn from this course:
- Real exam environment within the stipulated time given in the exam, you will learn from our every Sunday mock test
- Basic knowledge of the subject
- Topic General Knowledge with Map and Flowchart
- Exam fear and hesitation about the subject will go away
- Reasoning, which is not a school subject, will be taught in this course with basic tricks.
- Question-solving session in front of the class
- The habit of solving descriptive papers will be developed to reduce the burden during the actual examination.
- The syllabus is complete with basic concepts in each subject
- Revision of each topic after completion of the syllabus
- Online and Offline mode
- Lifetime access to YouTube Classes
- Practice questions and worksheets of similar difficulty level
- Solutions of previous year's papers
- Every Sunday, Mock Test with appropriate solutions
- Question out of number series
- Exam form filling
- A special class session for average students
Note: These features make our courses prestigious and provide students with a unique approach to help them prepare for the exams.
RIMC Dehradun Entrance Exam FAQs
- The Rashtriya Indian Military College is a military school for boys and girls in Doon Valley, Dehradun, India.
- There is only 1 Rashtriya Indian Military College in India, located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
- RIMC was established on March 13, 1922, to impart military training to Indian youths so they could later be inducted into the British Indian Army as officers.
- Admissions are made to Class I (equivalent to Class VIII) only. The candidates should be studying minimum in Class VII in a recognized school at the time of Admission to the RIMC. They should also be medically fit for entry to the College in accordance with the medical standards prescribed.
- The RIMC entrance test, as per the exam pattern, consists of a written and a viva-voce exam. The written exam will consist of three papers – English, Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
- The written part of the exam consists of three subjects, i.e., English (125 marks), Mathematics (200 marks), and General Knowledge (75 marks). The papers on Mathematics and General Knowledge can be answered either in Hindi or English.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in an All India Entrance Examination held twice a year comprising a written examination of question papers in English (125 Marks), Mathematics (200 Marks), and General Knowledge (75 Marks), Successful candidates are called for Viva-Voce test (50 marks).
- The RIMC entrance process is one of the toughest for the given age group. The syllabus is vast, and the written exam combines subjective and objective assessment. To clear this exam, one needs deliberate preparation and a long-term strategy.
- The full form of RIMC Entrance Exam is Rashtriya Indian Military College Entrance Exam. It is an exam for School Admission. The Rashtriya Indian Military College (RIMC) conducts this exam for admission to RIMC Dehradun in Class 8.
- Every year, about 50 students are selected in two intakes from all over India and admitted into Standard VIII at the RIMC.
- To qualify, a candidate must obtain at least 50% marks in each subject.
- The exam is in English, and there is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Total 4 hours 30 minutes. Mathematics - 1 hour 30 minutes, General Knowledge - 1 hour, and English - 2 hours.
- Basically, you get 3 attempts to join this prestigious institution between the ages of 11.5 years and 13 years.
- The age limit for admission to RIMC is between 11 and ½ years to 13 years on the 1st of July of the term that the kid is joining in. Also, he or she must have passed class 7 or is in class 8 from a recognized school.
- Twice a year, in June and December every year.
- It is Rs.600 for General candidates and Rs.555 for SC/ST candidates.
- RIMC Application is provided in an offline mode. No other mode of application is applicable. RIMC prospectus-cum-application form can be obtained from the Rashtriya Indian Military College, Garhi Cantt, Dehradun, Uttarakhand, Pin Code 248003 through speed post by making payment of the application fee through a demand draft. Online payment can be made on the website of RIMC Dehradun to obtain the same. www.rimc.gov.in
- The Demand Draft will be made in favour of "THE COMMANDANT RIMC DEHRADUN," BRANCH SBI TEL BHAWAN, DEHRADUN BANK CODE 01576, UTTARAKHAND. The Address should be typed/written clearly in capital letters with PIN code and Contact Number.
- You must be in class VII when filling out the form.
Students or parents who want to apply online for RIMC Dehradun Entrance Exam Admission Form 2024-25. The list of documents required for RIMC Admission is as follows:
- Scanned passport-size photo
- Identity Proof – Aadhaar Card, Birth Certificate, etc.
- Scanned mark sheet of 8th class if the candidate applied in 9th class
- ID proof of the previous school
- ID proof of parents
- Migration Certificate
- Single Parent Legal Document
- Student Medical Certificate
- Address Proof – Electricity Bill, Utility Bill, etc.
- In the months of July-August for the December examination and in the months of January-February for the June examination.
- English from 09:30 to 11:00 AM, General Knowledge from 12:00 to 1:00 PM, and English from 2:30 to 4:30 PM.